Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some Mini Mono Pics :)

I finally managed to get my qhy minicam 5s up and running last week and after receiving a more-or-less working ascom driver for it. It's attached to my 80/500mm TS Apo. Had some problems because it's such a small chip (a cooled qhy5l-ii mono) and I couldn't get it to platesolve for some reason so trouble getting it on target. It's been a rotten summer for imaging even in the early hours. Hopefully things will improve as we enter into autumn and darker nights - there's no guarantee but fingers crossed! There was some clear-ish weather last week so, in spite of the poor transparency, decided have a go at some imaging. Unfortunately I lost a lot of subs because dithering was causing jumps during exposures - tut! I obviously need to adjust the dithering settings or maybe not use it at all.

Still, here you go - looking West! These aren't great but it's been ages since I last posted any images.... 

M3 12 x 60s

M3_dss_12x60s_pn.png

M13 23 x 60s

M13_dss_23x60s_16bitadj.png

M56 7 x 30s (was a bit cloudy and rapidly getting light!)

M56_7x30s.png

M92 9 x 60s

M92_cs2_9x60s85pc.png

Ring Neb 17 x 30s

RingNeb_17x30s.png

Louise

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Nice collection of globs.

Good luck with the dithering issue.

Thanks! I'll have to fiddle with the dithering settings else maybe not bother with dithering next time. As it stands, the dithering is often taking longer than the exposures! When some more nebs come into view I might try some narrowband with it :)

Louise

Archived