NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another tale of woe, moonlight and Tulips! (re do )

simmo39

Moon was bright so must be a clear night! anyway, After my failed attempt at the Tulip last time I finally found it! ( Thanks to the pointers I got last post ) So apart from a bright moon I thought I had it in the bag! all centred on the screen and away we go. Well a quick look at the saved images on the camera didnt reveal any problems. Got home from work ready to create a masterpiece and what do I notice? star trails when zoomed in! so of the 20 subs taken I selected the best 12. These still have trails on and the end result is slightly square stars! not sure why the tracking was so bad but hey these things are all part of the game! S here it is, my first go at the Tulip.   12 x 4 min subs taken with my semi cooled 600d and my trusty SW130 pds.

tulip1_zpsyknolsds.jpg

Will have ago again clouds and moon permitting. Hints and tips welcome.

Nice result. I guess your dslr is modded?

If you add more subs, you can probably pull out more detail. As it is you seem to be working near the noise level. Darkening the background somewhat, will also make the tulip "pop" more.

Definitely worth revisiting.

Congrats on finding the elusive tulip!

These days, I don't even bother trying to image nebulas when the moon is up, I stick to clusters, galaxies, or just get to bed at a reasonable time!

You will find you get  much better depth and data when the pesky moon goes into hiding. Having said that, you got a pretty good result...

4 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

Congrats on finding the elusive tulip!

These days, I don't even bother trying to image nebulas when the moon is up, I stick to clusters, galaxies, or just get to bed at a reasonable time!

You will find you get  much better depth and data when the pesky moon goes into hiding. Having said that, you got a pretty good result...

Thats the problem, i only get clear sky when the moon is bright! lol. Think Ill be brave if i go out later this week and try my Ha filter. I keep putting it off as not really sure on how best to use it.

Archived