Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M39

steviemac500

Thanks Matt. Could you explain more about the gradient as I'm not sure I can see what you mean (literally because I'm not sure I know what I'm looking for). I did have a bit more data in one of the channels but the histogram was lined up to the top left point. I used the healing brush on the left side in a diagonal line down to the right too. Thanks. 

Sure. As I see it, there is a changing in the background level of the colour channels as you move from the top left down to the bottom right. It is more blue at the top left of the image than at the bottom right of the image, and the change looks gradual, so a gradient. They can be tricky to remove, although there are photoshop actions which can minimise the effect to give a more even balance to the colours across the whole image.

If you use the histogram in PS and ensure that all the channels are lined up, then you will be able to see if the one of the colour's backgrounds is too bright, which can be adjusted in curves. Also, you have moved the background blackpoint very close to the data, clipping a bit (the background is very black) and when I took a look I think I can see why, in that there appears to be a plane flying right through your image on the left hand side! You could have a play with DSS settings to try and get that out of the L data when stacking as opposed to clipping the background to hide it.

Processing is fun ;)

Archived