Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planispheres

Hi Bufferz,

Planispheres are great to help you get orientated with the night sky. They are straightforward to use you just need to set the outer circle so that the pointer is pointed at the day, month and time you are observing, then looking south make sure you are holding it with the south arrow pointing south (It will have north and south positions marked on it), hold the planisphere above your head and it should correlate with what you see. If you want to check out whats on view to the north, just turn around and point the north arrow the same way.

For a more detailed map you can screen print from Stellarium, you just need to change the print setting so that its printing black on white.

Hope this makes sense.

Good hunting!

Roy

lets see if i have sussed this then - if i set it to now, 10pm, 12th july, I would(if there were no clouds :shocked: ) i would see M13, and the constellation of Hercules slightly to my left?

IF thats correct, then when you turn the outer disk, it would show the "setting" and "rising" times of the stars, just like you can with the sun?

Archived