Antenna and selfie

I did some light painting photography on the premises of a discontinued satellite communications plant not far from where I live. The antenna in the picture is 30 meters in diameter, and the supporting building has four floors and an elevator! The first audio-video conversation over the Atlantic via satellite took place here in 1971. Some 30 persons used to work here, but since fiber cables took over, the antennas are passively waiting for their destiny. You can see some of that fiber cable in the picture, as well as the present owners under the antenna. And myself by my own rig, for size comparision...

The picture is a composite of som 30 images, all taken by myself on location. Nothing is added that was not there.

Tanum-Teleport.jpg

On 2016-08-01 at 00:57, MilwaukeeLion said:

That's a great shot, seems dogs want to take a look as well.

Thanks ! Oh, I forgot to mention - the dogs are specially skilled SETI dogs. Their sensitive noses are scanning the sky for unnormal activity :-)

Archived