Explore Scientific UHC Filter

Yamez

After a recent post of not knowing which UHC filter to buy i ended up with the Explore Scientific UHC. It has only just arrived and after opening the cardboard parcel it came in, it is definitely packaged well with its own cardboard case, bubble wrap, Styrofoam and a plastic case for the filter itself. The filter came with a test sheet and a very well made box/case with a partial sky-map on the top and bottom of the lid. The case closes and stays together with a magnet which really adds to the security and protection of the filter. The filter itself had no dirt, dust or scratches on it when i had a look at it through the light. I can't wait for a clear night to try this out. Delivery took 3 days and again first light optics are brilliant with delivery times.

20160729_124508.jpg

Why is the one on the FLO site blue and yours is yellow/green ? :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Yours makes more sense as the Blue of the OIII and the Red of the Ha is passed through so the Green/Yellow bit of the spectrum should be reflected off.

Just need to lets us know how well it performs when you get the chance. It is filters like this that people ask about fairly regular.

39 minutes ago, ronin said:

Why is the one on the FLO site blue and yours is yellow/green ? :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Yours makes more sense as the Blue of the OIII and the Red of the Ha is passed through so the Green/Yellow bit of the spectrum should be reflected off.

Just need to lets us know how well it performs when you get the chance. It is filters like this that people ask about fairly regular.

it is blue, just the light from my window is reflecting in it making it look a yellowy mirror. Also i haven't had a clear night in around a week so im not sure how long i will have to wait to use it.

Archived