NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help on HEQ5 Dual Mount

Dazzyt66

Hi,

I'm looking to mount my ST80 along with my 150 Mak on my HEQ5 GOTO. This is purely to give me an option for wide field that the ST80 offers when observing. I've looked at FLO, RVO and on here for an idea and there seem to be loads of options. So, before I potentially spend another £100(?) on a solution I thought I'd check on how someone else has done it? Any guidance much appreciated. I'm a capable DIYer so if I can build something cheaper I will :)

Thanks charl. This was one of the threads I'd looked through so the 'H' is my top option at the moment - although this starts pushing the price up when I start looking at additional rings, shoes etc...

If you are fairly into DIY, I made something like this as a potential dual Solar Mount. :p

But basically pre-cut Aluminium BAR, bought off Ebay and attached to Dovetail Bars. ;)
(OK, I added a bit of "wood technology" to get it to work!)

My only fear is that the MAK150 (hurrah!) is quite a *heavy* beast?
Frankly, I STILL to mount my scopes SINGLY on my HEQ5, but... :)

SolarPair.JPG

17 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

ive just mesured my H and your mak would fit on my H in place of the 120mm with 3 cm between  gap. charl.

What length dovetails are they charl?

5 minutes ago, Macavity said:

But basically pre-cut Aluminium BAR, bought off Ebay and attached to Dovetail Bars. ;)
(OK, I added a bit of "wood technology" to get it to work!)

My only fear is that the MAK150 (hurrah!) is quite a *heavy* beast.
Frankly, I STILL to mount my scopes SINGLY on my HEQ5, but... :)

Actually, the idea of making something out of wood actually crossed my mind... ?

11 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

the short one that atatches to the mount is 17 cm and the two what gos across is 21 cm, its very sturdy and ballances very easy.charl.

Thanks charl. Thinking is is the way to go then ?

Archived