The Reason I Like Skip Diving...

StuartJPP

The company I work for was chucking out an old Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machine. Probably dated around 2000, no longer good enough to do 0102 components, probably just okay for 0603.

It was already in the process of being stripped down for recycling before I was asked if there were any bits in it that I may want so decided to strip some bits off while they were off it during lunch break. There is a whole load of motor control with lovely ball screws and just excellent bits of mechanics...unfortunately it would take a week to strip the entire machine down in my lunch time so I attacked the optics which were much easier...

I made off with a few lenses, luckily they are all C/CS mount of various focal lengths and apertures so I can use them with my QHY5L-II cameras. All manual control and a decent make, Tamron and Fujinon....

1. 2x teleconverter/barlow
2. 35mm f/1.7 C mount lens - Awesome lens :)
3. 50mm f/2.8 CS mount lens
4. 75mm f/3.9 CS mount lens

All the lenses have some Locktite (red stuff) on them as their focus and aperture rings were locked at specific positions but they are now all functioning correctly...I didn't realise the 35mm lens was a "C" mount at first as it is way bigger than the rest.

Great stuff...I don't mind being called a skip rat...throwing this stuff into landfill or having it crushed is just criminal...

IMG_2539.JPG

I worked for an Aerospace company and was always skip diving and as a supervisor I even got to sign my own scrap tickets, the equipment varied from pro tripods, microscope lenses, radar parts to complete systems.

Alan

21 minutes ago, StuartJPP said:

The company I work for was chucking out an old Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machine. Probably dated around 2000, no longer good enough to do 0102 components, probably just okay for 0603.

It was already in the process of being stripped down for recycling before I was asked if there were any bits in it that I may want so decided to strip some bits off while they were off it during lunch break. There is a whole load of motor control with lovely ball screws and just excellent bits of mechanics...unfortunately it would take a week to strip the entire machine down in my lunch time so I attacked the optics which were much easier...

I made off with a few lenses, luckily they are all C/CS mount of various focal lengths and apertures so I can use them with my QHY5L-II cameras. All manual control and a decent make, Tamron and Fujinon....

1. 2x teleconverter/barlow
2. 35mm f/1.7 C mount lens - Awesome lens :)
3. 50mm f/2.8 CS mount lens
4. 75mm f/3.9 CS mount lens

All the lenses have some Locktite (red stuff) on them as their focus and aperture rings were locked at specific positions but they are now all functioning correctly...I didn't realise the 35mm lens was a "C" mount at first as it is way bigger than the rest.

Great stuff...I don't mind being called a skip rat...throwing this stuff into landfill or having it crushed is just criminal...

IMG_2539.JPG

I hate you, you jammy git!

:-)

Archived