Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Parsec 8300C or QHY8L

Tomasz

Hi!

I need help in choosing a CCD camera. I've got two offers of used cameras: Orion Parsec 8300C and QHY8L and I don't know which one is better for me...
Now I'm using Nikon D7200 and want to upgrade it with CCD camera. My scope is Newtonian Sky-Watcher 150/750 with Baader MPCC.

These are totally different chips... Parsec 8300C has Kodak KAF-8300C and QHY8L has Sony Super HAD ICX413AQ. Kodak has smaller pixels but I've heard that it is more noisy and less sensitive. I don't know if it's true...

QHY is cheaper but some says that build quality and cooling efficiency is poor.   

Which camera will work better with Maxim DL?

Tomek

Research Orion's support for second hand equipment.  I think that cam is discontinued and I doubt they even update their drivers.  Unless your getting it at a bargain basement price I'd think he QHY would at least be supported.  

Archived