NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maplin XM21X power supply question

I'm thinking of buying a Maplin XM21X power supply to power my AZ-EQ6 GT mount.  I know some of you use these power supplies. 

Simple question: do the two binding posts have holes through to attach cables to? 

The reason I ask is that I will keep the XM21X PSU in my shed, to which I provide mains power, and run the 13.8 V out on a ~5m extension cable to the mount placed on hard standing outside the shed.  I want to know whether I need to buy additional M8 rings or banana plugs or can I simply attach the extension wires through the hole and tighten up. 

You can use M8 (if thats the size, i can't remember) and banana plugs as the same time, the rings are a better option as they won't pull out..not sure about the holes....

Old picture but there still working...

002OBBYPSUS.jpg

Thanks. I believe M8 is the right size because that's the size of the rings on the female cigarette adapters FLO sell for use with this type of PSU.  I will probably remove those if I add an extension lead. 

Does anyone know if pliers are good for crimping on new rings, or is a crimping tool necessary? 

Archived