Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyFi to EQ6

lillypad119

• 2 weeks later...

You need to plug the SkyFi unit into the Synscan handset. You cannot just plug it into the mount.

I've found it best to have the SkyFi unit switched off while setting up the scope and running through the alignment routine.

Once you have completed the alignment switch on the SkyFi unit.

Then connect your iPad to the SkyFi wireless network, open SkySafari, make sure you have the telescope type set to Skywatcher Synscan and connect SkySafari to the scope.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. Can I use the RJ45 out put on skyFi to RJ45 on synscan input, or do I need to go via the (SkyFi) supplied db9 cable to an RJ45 converter. As you might tell I cannot get SkyFi to control the scope but can get communication to iPad. I am running out of sensible routes to follow. If I do need a special lead do you have a suggestion where I might source one?

Solved it myself in the end. I upgraded the synscan firmware to 3.37. Also I had been trying to use an RJ lead to go direct from SkyFi to middle port on synscan. What I eventually did was to use the rs232 9db lead with an RJ terminal and linked that to the synscan port.  Lift off.

Archived