Syn Scan Error (HEQ5 pro)

Andrew INT

Hopefully someone here will be able to offer some advice.

I have an HEQ5 pro mount with v1.6 hardware. Due to a software bug with v3.37 in the v3 handset (not always detecting the DEC/RA), I reverted to V.3.36.

This version started up fine and I slewed to a target. I then connected to Stellerium, the mount was shown as connected, but it wouldnt slew. I restarted the mount without connecting to stellarium. The error "No link to mount. Stand alone mode" is now shown. Prior to the change to V3.36 everything was fine cable-wise.

Is there a known bug with v3.36 too (since I had jumped from V3.35 to V3.37).

I may try reinstalling V3.36. If that doesn't work, I'll try 3.35 again.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any pointers welcome!

3.36 and 3.37 are quite buggy.  I reverted to 3.35 (although I am not an ASCOM user) to get rid of a pointing issue and also a Home PARK issue. v3.35 is definitely the most stable on v3 handsets.

11 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

3.36 and 3.37 are quite buggy.  I reverted to 3.35 (although I am not an ASCOM user) to get rid of a pointing issue and also a Home PARK issue. v3.35 is definitely the most stable on v3 handsets.

Thanks Chris.

I dont suppose you (or anyone else) has a link to v3.35 - I cant find a copy on the skywatcher site)

Cheers,

Andrew

Archived