NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filter and Camera Combo

Having bought my SXVR-H694 mono earlier htis year, have been hankering after getting some RGB filters and was looking at the Baader set on FLO, but was feeling limited by current funds.

Now, FLO being the evil devious people they are, throw up an advert for these filters and I am very tempted.

Two questions are, how will these perform with my camera / OTA combo?  How do they compare to the Baader ones in 'real world' use? and would I suffer from using these without any IR blocking (I know that was three questions....)

I do have a rather large (500mm in lenght) light collar / dew shield on the OTA, so it is not that prone for stray light getting in.

I have a 2" filter wheel with a 2" Ha filter, so want to keep them the same.  Will also be for in case I decide to get a larger sensor camera in the future too.

Imaging is done from my back garden here in Plymouth

Going for 2 inch filters is a very expensive option if you don't need them but I can see your reasoning.

These look interesting and it would be good to try some. I've not come across anyone using them yet but if you find any images from them then let us know. I'm not quite sure what you do for the L channel. They say a clear filter but this might cause problems in the U/V blue end of things with many optics., I'd have thought.

Olly

Archived