Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

puzzled

clearskiesplease

hi newbie here i've just been viewing jupiter for the 1st time and it was great i could see the bands and three moons, plus a couple of shooting stars one leaving as nice firey trail as it burned up in the atmosphere with the naked eye and when i was calling it a night which is hard to do on a rare clear night something else moved vertical at a fast pace i didnt see any flasing lights as you would on plane and think maybe it was a satelite or the ISS, how fast do satelites or the ISS move across the sky and are these visable to the naked because its got me puzzled....?

probably one of the myriad bits of hardware whizzing around up there.

Usually you can watch them disappear into earths shadow.

Was a nice clear night werent it? Im just watching the clouds starting to form up now (2am). Think last night was clearer though, I saw the little dipper in its entirety for the first time from this house!!

Cheers

TJ

Have tried the Heavens Above web site. Enter your co- ordinates and it will tell you when ISIS will be in view, also what satellites you might see, and also any iridium flares that are due.

phillc :thumbright:

Archived