NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Revelation Superview eyepieces

Presumably Revelation Superview range of eyepieces are the same as GSO superview, and a good few more "no-name" 70 deg ep's out there.  I purchased a 2 inch  70 Deg 30mm revelation revelation superview last week and in my F8 dob it works fabulously well and is so comfortable to use I absolutely love it. It was about £40 delivered!  It'll be my "finder eyepiece"  I like it so much I ordered the 1.25"  15mm straight away and it came today, it cost £28!!    Of course  it's cloudy tonight but I'm looking fwd to trying it out asap.  I am quite picky about eyepieces but at this price I can't imagine spending £100 more because I have done it in the past and I'm not sure you get much for the extra £££!  Will be back as soon as I've tried this out.  Anyone else use these eyepieces?   

I've not used one but they're very probably GSO, like a great deal of rebadged Revelation EP's. I wish I'd known how much cheaper the Revelation 2.5x GSO Barlow was than the TS Optics 2.5x GSO Barlow before I bought it lol!

I've seen Revelation GSO Plossls marketed cheaper than the actual GSO Plossls themselves!

Good luck with your new EP, it sounds great.

I'm seriously looking at some of the Revelation EP's.

I've owned a couple of the 2" Revelation Superviews. They worked well in the F/10 scopes I had back then but when I got my F/6.5 refractor they showed loads of astigmatism in the outer 25% of the field of view. I would imagine that they would be quite good at F/8.

I have the 20mm 1.25" model, and it is a "good" eyepiece, but at anything shorter than f7 it suffers. That said, when I compared it with a 19mm Panoptic in an f9 scope, the difference was hard to see.

I still have it, along with the 2" 42mm and the 2x ED Barlow. Both are fine, and the 42mm is very lightweight too for a 2" eyepiece. It doesn't quite compare to a 30mm Moonfish, quality-wise though. Again, at f6 the Moonfish was goog, at f5 sadly lacking.

I have a 32mm GSO Plossl which I've been using recently with my Quark, but haven't used it under night skies yet, so can't really comment on it yet.

Archived