NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pixinsight

1 hour ago, Astroboy239 said:

Hello, 

I was wondering how you'll go about stacking. Do you'll do integration and calibration or batch pre processing and integration. What would be better.? 

Varad 

Hi Varad,

I like to check my Master Dark-, Bias- and Flat-Frames for any irregularities before I calibrate and integrate my Light-Frames. It might be a bit tedious but I found that doing the integration and calibration process manually will yield the best results and ensures that you only use appropriate calibration frames that won't deteriorate your precious subs. 

Patrick

I usually select the best raws with the Blink process. This is mainly because my mount is poor at tracking and I have to select the best frames.

Then I load my bias frames (or master), flat frames (or master) and best light frames into the BatchPreProcessing script.

I don't use darks, but use cosmetic correction instead.

In Batch Preprocessing I only do calibration and debayering.

Then I move to StarAlignment and ImageIntegration, which I do seperately from batch preprocessing.

It's a good idea to not use the preprocessing script in the beginning when you start out, because this will give you a better understanding of the process and how you can affect it.

Once you know which settings work best for you, you can apply them to the batch script. It takes more time, but I believe that in the end you'll be more efficient in your preprocessing.

There is a tutorial at Lightvortexastronomy.com which is very good at explaining the workflow.

Archived