NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heritage 130p Musings

Sometimes I look at my little Heritage 130p and question can the quality of views be measured by the diminutive size of the telescope.

I've always been satisfied with my choice it was a fairly inexpensive toe dip into a new hobby but with the potential to show just enough to not damper enthusiasm. 

Today when searching for something else I came across this new blog review. Very enjoyable read.

Link here

It's an easy mount to pimp, I've added a light shroud and setting circles to mine and others have done similar and more such as flocking.

I'm still amazed at how enjoyable and memorising it was to watch one of the Jupiter moon's shadow play over the planet's surface.

So easy to carry outside, setup and use.

I too feel a lot of love for my little heritage 130p, and not just the nostalgic kind (it was my first scope). It just serves up the most pleasing views... I used it side to side with a tal100rs I used to own under a fairly dark Sky and it was just provided a much more pleasing view. There seemed to be the same detail available in both scopes but star fields seemed somehow richer and better to look at through the heritage, more like diamonds on black velvet I suppose. 

the fact it is very light, folds in to a small size and has decent light grasp make it a perfect camping scope for me. Can't see me ever getting rid of it.

As for the base, o didn't get on so well with that! It was transferred to a steal legged AZ4 not long after purchase. I wish Skywatcher would make their dob bases easily collapsible! 

Archived