NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Film for Meteors

Hi all, I took my old SLR out last night and shot a roll of film (just to see if it works) anyway when i took it in to be developed (jessops) i was given a roll of 200 ASA film, will this be of any use for photographing the Perseids,

or will it be to slow?

AL

Your getting a bit technical there for me,I will check those links out though, Thanks. I think i will just get some 400 ASA and maybe an 800 and see how that goes, I'm not sure really if anything good can be shot from my site, damn neighbours and there security lights, also i noticed last night that what seemed like every time i opened the shutter a plane wanted to cross my field of view and as soon as i closed the shutter a meteor would shot across my FOV, :roll:

AL

also i noticed last night that what seemed like every time i opened the shutter a plane wanted to cross my field of view and as soon as i closed the shutter a meteor would shot across my FOV,
How many times has that happended to me with my coolpix :) i know how ya feel matey.

James

Thanks for pointing out about my avatar Andy, I didn't notice :oops: .

When i tried shooting last night i was trying different exposures, 30 sec - 3 mins with 400ASA film 50mm lens at f2.8 just to see what to expect, also tried at f4 and f5.6. I get the film back wednesday also getting them on CD (nice touch Jessops) , I wouldn't have known about that if i hadn't had read it on this forum, Thanks guys, There also cheap or have i just been under charged £6.98 36 6x4 prints, CD, and a free film, diamond lab or something like that :shock: .

James how do you deal with it, anything like me, just a long stream of profanities :)

AL

Al

On the advice of learned people on this forum, I just invested in some 400 and 200 Elite Chrome slide film to test and play with before August.

Perhaps we could compare notes and see what we can learn?? I am new to both astronomy and photography, but learning fast!

I have a Canon EOS 500, 28-90mm Ultrasonic lens and a 200mm Optomax lens

Darren

Darren

The film that i used was jessops own brand 400ASA film , i used this just to test out weather the camera works OK and how my site is with regards to light pollution, but i will let you know how it performs and i would certenly like to know how the slide film does, I also have a 70-210 mm zoom lens, I did 3 shots with this , 2 at 70mm and 1 at 210 (i tried to guide it manually). I have only one problem, i wrote down about each shot that i took, you know exposure time, f ratio, lens,, but i can't find the piece of paper that i wrote it on :) (note to self, must get proper notebook).

I will post the results (if any) when i get them back.

AL

Archived