Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Who's A Lucky Boy?

After a lot of thinking on which telescope to buy and whether I would get bored in a few months (I am well know for that) I have decided on an Evo 9.25 with StarSense. I already have a Baader Mk3 zoom, will be getting a Baader barlow 2.25 for my birthday. I am going get (another present I hope) a better star diagonal. Do I go for the Baader 2" clicklock? I can also afford another lens if needed. As I have the zoom what is recomended, if any. 

Great scope choice :icon_biggrin:

Not sure you will need the barlow though - the 8mm setting of the zoom will give you 293x which will be as much as is useful even on a really good night.

You might want to think about a 2" 40mm eyepiece such as the Skywatcher Aero ED for lower power views.

That's a very nice choice for a first scope. I agree with John. A wide angle low power eyepiece would be a better choice, but why not wait until you have tried the eyepieces you have. Then you will be in a better position to gauge what you need.

Thank you both for the advice. I will settle for just the Evo for now. I was considering getting a s/h to save a few pennies but as I also want the StarSense and FLO are doing a special just now the s/h Evos appear expensive, when add on a StarSense. I will ponder it for a few days. You never know, I may get lucky.

Archived