Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HA Filter for solar viewing

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what results can be gained. The transit is supposed to last over seven hours, so there'll be plenty of time to swap things around and get the best image. I'm just happy (and excited) that I've got the opportunity to view it! :-)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life would be sweet if we could buy a 1.25" or 2" HA  filter that we could all put on an EP on our scopes and observe the amazing detail that HA solar observing allows. Not possible though. I did ask the very same question about HA filters about a year ago. Someone should invent a HA filter that fits any scope just as easily as any other filter. They would be expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Sorry, i forgot to add that the HA filter yet to be invented for all scopes would also need to include the safety filters. This idea is now getting bigger then is needed. Easier/cheapet to go out and buy an off the shelf solar observing kit.

1 minute ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Life would be sweet if we could buy a 1.25" or 2" HA  filter that we could all put on an EP on our scopes and observe the amazing detail that HA solar observing allows. Not possible though. I did ask the very same question about HA filters about a year ago. Someone should invent a HA filter that fits any scope just as easily as any other filter. They would be expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Hear! Hear!

5 minutes ago, employee2-4601 said:

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what results can be gained. The transit is supposed to last over seven hours, so there'll be plenty of time to swap things around and get the best image. I'm just happy (and excited) that I've got the opportunity to view it! :-)

Yes over 7hrs long, so plenty of time to get the right configuration to observe. I missed the last Veus transit mainly due to me not having much interest in seeing a planet cross the Sun. It turned out that it was so short lived and too low down for me to observe in WL. I didnt have my Hershel wedge at the time either.

Archived