Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPC900nc LX Software Option

Mav359

Every now and again i go back to the idea that i'd like a CCD replacment for my Telrad, its not essential but a 'would Like', i was cleaning out the OBs the other day and found my old SPC900nc sat there not doing anything, you can see where this is going......

So after some testing and couple of very cheap purchases i am at this stage...

I bought a 25mm CS Lens and taped it to the front of the webcam and even though it was woefully aligned with the CCD and not focused properly it showed me that i could at least see the Brighest stars in the sky. I moved to the next stage, stripped it down and bought a CS Lens mount and have properly mounted the lens on the board. I havent had a clear sky yet to see if i get any better results

Is there a way to push the exosure up just a little more without doing the Long Exposure Mod, it may not need it but it would deffo be better

Cheers

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

Archived