Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW 14" mount dimensions

Hi all,

can anyone tell me the dimensions of the SW 14" Dob mount please.  I assume the GoTo and manual versions will be the same size (if different weights).  I've read a review which says it won't fit through a doorway but my back door is as big as a single door can get and if it's big enough for the mount to get through, looks a realistic possibility.  Otherwise, looks like it will have to be the 12" version.

The various web sites only seem to quote OTA dimensions. 

Thanks

I own the 16" manual version and have just checked the specs on the SW website.

The 14" is shipped in three packs measuring 92x92x17; 109x54x59; 54x54x25cm

The 16" is  shipped in three packs measuring 96x96x38; 122x64x66; 56x56x31cm

The first pack in each of those contains the circular base of the mount.

The base of the 16" has a diameter of approximately 85cm, suggesting that the box has 5.5cm of packing foam on each side. Applying the same measurement to the 14" means the base probably has a diameter of 81cm.

The 16" base is 82cm tall when assembled, including the feet. The 14" will be slightly shorter, but not much.

The spec for the 14" Goto suggests that the base for that is 1cm wider than the manual version, but it might just be different packaging. http://skywatcher.com/product.php?cat=6&id=67

Hope that helps :smile:

Archived