Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar, Bausch & Lomb 8001 Pro Series 8" SCT

Aussie Dave

A blast from the not too distant past that some may remember. Newly acquired Bausch & Lomb 8001 Professional Series 8" SCT with Advanced Optical Coatings and original tele-compressor, F/10, fl 2110mm.

Not bad for an older scope with nice focusing mech. Specs of dust on the primary which is to be expected. It just needs very slight collimation that I noticed tonight by testing it out visually on Jupiter and the moons, quite acceptable for now so thought I'd take a few shots while it was set up on the SW EQ5.

Single shot below Afocal, cropped at 60% from full size with the Fujifilm compact digital camera, ISO 100, -2 exposure, 3x optical zoom, (0.5?) tele-compressor attached, at a guess around F/5.

Bausch & Lomb 8001 Pro Series Lunar.png

Cheers Laudropb :)

ok so I did a few videos last night with the Xbox 360 Live Vision camera and Celestron UV/IR Cutoff filter that I worked on today with Autostakkert!2, Registax 6 for wavelets and Autostitch for the two 2 pane mosaics which are 50% of the original size. Each video was short at around 30 seconds, image stacks were from 8 frames to 35 frames.

B&L 8001 8in SCT Xbox360 Camera UVIR Cut Filter ASl2 RS6 AutoStitch 2.png

B&L 8001 8in SCT Xbox360 Camera UVIR Cut Filter ASl2 RS6 AutoStitch 1.png

03_08_01_g4_b3_ap2 Test 12.png

Archived