Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter's rotation

Friday night I decided to try and get  an animation of Jupiter's rotation. About 2.5 hours as the great red spot came into view, then the dreaded clouds came. It's a bit crude I had a bit to much magnification and lost detail but not bad for my first time.  A few light high level  clouds kept passing during the videoing. Next time hopefully will be more detail and less cloud

Jupiter rotating.wmv

30 x 1200 frames processed with registax,  edited with PIPP and windows movie maker. 

Any tips to improve are greatly appreciated. 

Nige.

Smashing work :) I think for a first attemp it is amazing. And great planning to get the GRS coming into view. I know how much hard work these are as I made one about two years ago over a similar time frame but composed of 60 frames - the processing side took me an age and it has put me off doing another one, though i'd love to get a full 10 hour rotation.

James

3 hours ago, jambouk said:

Smashing work :) I think for a first attemp it is amazing. And great planning to get the GRS coming into view. I know how much hard work these are as I made one about two years ago over a similar time frame but composed of 60 frames - the processing side took me an age and it has put me off doing another one, though i'd love to get a full 10 hour rotation.

James

Thanks James.

I was lucky with the GRS turning up only minutes after I had started, not actually planned sorry to say...  With the weather being so bad since, I have had plenty of time in the evening to get on with the processing. 

The evenings original plan was to try and image M 101 but to much breeze changed the plan, I'm not disappointed though ☺ 

I will try again soon.

Nige. 

16 hours ago, jambouk said:

James

Thanks James.

I was lucky with the GRS turning up only minutes after I had started, not actually planned sorry to say...  With the weather being so bad since, I have had plenty of time in the evening to get on with the processing. 

The evenings original plan was to try and image M 101 but to much breeze changed the plan, I'm not disappointed though ☺ 

I will try again soon.

Nige. 

I have posted on YouTube so don't have to download file now.

Archived