NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Replacing Old Obs Part 4

jcm

Finally got the run off roof support posts done and the track way itself. Runs in perfect silence , takes a bit of a push to get it going , but once moving its an easy task. Got to cover the gaps yet and fit out the inside. At last I can mount the C9.25 on the EQ6 Pro and leave it set up. This will make a lot more room in the garage.

John

post-13061-133877342855_thumb.jpg

A very attractive construction there John. Soon be ready for action now. Are you putting a skirt around the base of the roof to close the gap there,?

Ron. :grin:

Yep , already done two sides since that image was taken. If the weather holds for a couple more hours ( no rain at all , Peterborough , today) I should get the other two sides done and tomorrow install scope/mount/fixtures/fittings etc.

John

That looks a lovely neat job there John , bet you cant wait to get the final touches to it and get the 9.25 all set up ,shall look foward to the finished product now .

Rog :lol:

Very pleased with it , Rog. Even though the roof is heavy its not too difficult to move. I am glad that I put 4 castors on each side :grin: . Should be able to just about finish it tomorrow - then it will take about a week to clear up :D

John

Make sure you fit some good locks, don't rely on that flimsy fitted one they are easily prised off.

The obs is not visible from outside the garden , even the neighbours cannot see it. I will be connecting it to the house alarm sytem just to be on the safe side.

John

Archived