Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first attempt at the Rosette Nebula :)

Greetings all,

I'm still very much learning but this is my first attempt at the Rosette Nebula taken from my light polluted garden :) 

Taken with a modified Canon 1000D with a CLS CCD filter, attached to a Meade 5000 80D telescope and NEQ6 mount (unguided).

46 light subs of 90 seconds each and 12 Darks, 15 Bias and flats. Stacked using Deep Sky Stacker and Processed within Photoshop CS6 with the help of Astronomy Tools.

Rosette.jpg

Very nice image.  I've just bought the NEQ6 mount which I'll be using with my Skywatcher 200p and ASI120mc, so looking forward to learning how to do the DSO stuff, although I don't yet own a DSLR camera.

5 hours ago, Bigfoot 9907 said:

Thanks Starwiz . I have an Atik 320e CCD camera as well. But I can get wider field shots with my Canon. I tend to use my Atik for the smaller DSO's connected to my SW 200P.

Thanks for the info Bigfoot, I'll have a look at the spec of the Atik to see how the FOV compares with mine.  I checked the Neq6 items tonight and they all looked good, but I'm not allowed to use it until my birthday in a few weeks time :-)

Really nice Bigfoot, I had a first go at the Rosette as well so it's interesting to compare the field of view. I actually used an ST80, going to get a better scope, mounted on a Meade LX90 which in turn was on a wedge. This allowed guided exposures for the first time using PhD and the Meade with a focal reducer and ZWO camera. Used an SXVH9 mono with just L and Ha filters for this first try. Perhaps one of the strangest AP setups ever but it actually worked, managed 20 x 300secs using Nebulosity (which I love) and Pshop to finish. Soon I'll get a 'proper' AP setup now I'm hooked!

Your FOV is wider so when I get an AP scope with a flattenner/reducer I should be able to frame the whole nebula.

Thanks for sharing and we'll keep at it!

10426787_10207955766310518_1494828939192254424_n.jpg

Archived