SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette Nebula with Canon 100D

jason32

Nice image and PixInsight is an art form in itself.

With regards to DBE : Did you do the manual method with your own points or the auto method. The reason for asking is top left quadrant seems to be overly red and a sign of not quite DBE methodology applied.

4 hours ago, Catanonia said:

Nice image and PixInsight is an art form in itself.

With regards to DBE : Did you do the manual method with your own points or the auto method. The reason for asking is top left quadrant seems to be overly red and a sign of not quite DBE methodology applied.

Thanks, I did that manually, just preprocessed in pixinsight then used the histogram transfer and then edited in PS...yeah i know its not perfect, still learning :)

50 minutes ago, todd8137 said:

Hi great image and detail if this is the start of your image journey I look forward to you future work as this  one is great  start 

keep looking up 

Pat

Thanks, yup just started this :) hopefully better images in future.

44 minutes ago, pyrasanth said:

I had a play with your image. I like it like this- but I don't have a good enough file to do any more!

Rosette.png

That looks much better...oh man still loads of things to learn...lol ... did you do that in PS?

I use both Photoshop & PixInsight as my "toolkit". I used Photoshop for your image. Used GradientXterminator to remove the background gradient then Annie's Astro tools to do a dynamic enhance & then use the complimentary tool enhance dust lanes. Takes 2 minutes with these tools- they are a must have. I hope you did not mind me working on your image it was more of "I see the potential in a great image" time. As a footnote it's a really good image- very sharp with great guiding- be proud you've done a good job!

2 hours ago, pyrasanth said:

I use both Photoshop & PixInsight as my "toolkit". I used Photoshop for your image. Used GradientXterminator to remove the background gradient then Annie's Astro tools to do a dynamic enhance & then use the complimentary tool enhance dust lanes. Takes 2 minutes with these tools- they are a must have. I hope you did not mind me working on your image it was more of "I see the potential in a great image" time. As a footnote it's a really good image- very sharp with great guiding- be proud you've done a good job!

Ok thats awesome I'll download those too, are they stand alone software or PS plugins? I have an imac ...

Archived