Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skysafari and SGPro

Sanity3d

Hi can somebody help me ,I use skysafari pro with the skywire,I have recently started using SGPro for imaging ,I have read that you can use the skyfi modul in combination with SGPro and skysafari,how would this work as the skywire or the skyfi modul plug into the handset of the mount so i cannot plug in the cable that allows me to plate solve with SGPro,or will the WifiScope from Main Seqeuence allow me to plate solve etc as i was thinking of getting the skyfi modul any clarifaction would be greatly appreciated.

Toni

If you have a pc plugged into your mount using ascom you can download wifiscope from mainsequence software for free that will connect skysafari to your mount via ascom. I do this and it works great although for some reason with a syywatcher synscan it works better with the Meade 200 setting than it does with the synscam one - other than knowing that it's pretty easy and may save you buying the expensive skyfi module? 

Thanks russp,can I ask what os you are using as i tried it on my windows 10 laptop and it just Crashes,I used the celestron driver in both wifi scope and sgpro also the telescope simulator in both aswell but as soon as i start wifi scope it just crashes at a loss what to try next.

Toni

Archived