NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Adapters - Having Custom Threads made?

Macavity

Oooops - finger trouble! Body of post pending... :p

So much of what I do requires an *adapter* to fit "equipment A" to "equipment B"... :D
Just wondering... IF I know the size of two threads and provide a tube of appropriate
size, is it within the capabilities of a "typical CNC machine shop" to produce threads for
say a M35 x 0.5mm to T2 (42 x 0.75) adapter. Wiki mentions single-point threading? :) 

Hi Chris,

You don't need the sophistication of CNC, any decent lathe with someone who knows what they are doing can cut threads.

I suggest you look for a local model engineering group and ask them nicely - amateur to amateur. I would be surprised if you didn't get a positive response.

Regards, Hugh

Thanks guys! :)

Hugh - It is more of a *hypothetical* at the moment! In my younger "scientist" days:
"Would it be possible to make..." was greeted with banterish "You want what, Son"?
Of course the item - In duplicate (with enhancements) appeared a few hours later! :p

All good general education for me. Good to know for future reference! ;)

Archived