Well, it's arrived!!!

Astro_gav

Hi Gave, yeah it's dead easy to use a Bahtinov mask, you just need to get the 6 spikes looking symmetrical (see vid below).

I would see how you get on with the standard non heated dew shield first. If you still have problems with dew, then add the heating straps. I only ever used a standard dew shield with mine, but then again with young kids I wasn't out with the kit for that long.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/24/2016 at 15:00, Astro_gav said:

I think she's just a bit P.O. at the fact that I've found myself ANOTHER expensive hobby. 

I would love to be out but I've got total cloud cover here :angry5:

Gav

Well, that shows that the new telescope curse still holds true... Take delivery, and the clouds will come. :hmh:

I think my Mrs. is still PO'd. But then, I'm not a tavern hopper, nor a tart shopper, just a rather expensive homebody. :hello2:

Last night after I got everything set up and working, 'er indoors kind of took over my scope before things went a bit pear shaped. I only got a look in when I was making sure things were working as they should be. So I think she's coming round pretty well :hello2:

Gav

Archived