NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Peer Power Distribution Box

kirkster501

Hi all, From recent threads I think that the PSU is best on a bench at the side of the obs.

This means  that a 12v lead will need to be fed to the peer  and a power distribution box built to distribute the 12v to power the various paraphernalia.  Does the power distribution box need to be fused on input *and* on all the individual outputs to the gear as well?  Using flush mounted fuses presumably?  What thickness of cable did you use from the PSU to the distribution box at the peer?  I'm quite a dab hand with a soldering iron so I am not phased by building such a device.  Just wondering the best way to go about it.

Anyone built such a box?  Trying to think if I could embed a +12v powered USB hub into such a box as well to make a one box peer device :)

Thanks, Steve

I have a Multi Phono adapter(In a Obby), has single input and 4 outlets this just require a phono male to 2.1mm patch lead made to the right length, if it does require to be water proof (dew) bung it in a suitable box......on the USB hub i run a PC with enough USB sockets on the back Powered and Non Powered Hubs i found something plugged in would just stop working. Spray all connection with a Electrical cleaner insulator to stop any corroding.......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZP7S5E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Archived