NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Attaching Flip Mirror to SCT??

Astrosurf

I've had a Vixen flip mirror which I bought ages ago which didn't focus with my 200P but now I have a Meade SCT, I wondered if that would work. If so, how would I attach it? I don't have any adaptors so I'm obviously going to need to spend yet more money! :icon_biggrin:  Here are pics of the flip mirror and SCT: with and without EP holder. The flip mirror's inner and outer diameters are 47mm (widest part) and 51mm . The SCT's are 38mm and 51mm. There are threads on the inside and outside of the SCT's connector (with no EP holder) and on the inside of the flip mirror's connector, on two levels, the inner being narrower.

Can anyone help??

Alexxx

SCT with EP Holder.JPG

SCT without EP Holder.JPG

Flip Mirror.JPG

2 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

The way I use my flip mirror with my C9.25 is to use a Baader Clicklock SCT adapter on the back of the SCT then the flip mirror then the camera/barlow. This one

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-click-lock-2-for-celestron-meade-sct.html

Peter

Eek! Cost! Well, this business is expensive!

I had awful trouble sometimes finding the planet(s) but the flip mirror makes it so much easier. You may have trouble getting the EP to focus but, even out of focus, it's easier to locate your target. You may also find that the flip mirror needs collimating but it's quite easy to do if there adjusting screws.

Peter

Pass. Difficult without being able to see it. I can't see how you fit a 2" flip mirror to a 1.25" EP holder anyway. But, if your flip mirror is 2" then you would not need the 2" to 1.25" revelation adapter, it would go in the Baader clicklock by itself.

Peter

Archived