Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What's wrong with this dark frame ?

Hi all,

i have received my Atik 383L+ camera, and as others have said on here you can do your darks in the daytime with the set point cooling, so before I started I just had a little play, I cooled the camera as you can see in the screenshot, set it on the dark setting so the shutter stays shut, also the camera was upside down on my desk so no chance of light getting in, and did a quick 18 second dark just for test purposes, and this is what I got, now I expected it to be black with some hot pixels, as that's what my darks have looked like from my DSLR, so what is it like this, is it because it is fairly well stretched as I have the auto stretch box checked....??

i also did a 3 min version and looked pretty much the same

thanks for any advice

AB

image.png

2 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

I think you have just stretched it too much with the auto-stretch setting - stretching will affect any dark frame in this manner.

Ok, but the black and white sliders are all the way to the left...

so how do I correct for when I do my actual dark frames, as surely they would not work looking like this ?

cheers

AB

Archived