NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Delivery guy arrived. I can remember when Christmas was like this!

All the bits and pieces I ordered from FLO the day before yesterday turned up this afternoon!  Lots of boxes to open very carefully.......yea right! Couldn't wait to rip them open to see my gleaming black new 130PDS, HEQ5 goto mount, coma corrector, Cheshire, power tank. Loads of bubble wrap as well. Guess they put that in to help me de-stress after trying in vain to try and polar align. :help:

The reticle is nothing like I've seen on you tube. No little circle to try and get Polaris in. Needed to crunch some bubble wrap. Had another go and then another and blimey, I'm running out of bubble wrap! ?

I loaded astrobaby's page and got the reticule with the little circle again. Has the polar sight in the HEQ5 changed? 

Im just glad it's wet and cloudy outside as I'd be having a mental if the sky was clear and I was left in the house looking for more de-stressing bubble wrap. 

Anyway, I've left it for the night now, I'll have another go tomorrow but if all else fails, Argos sell bubble wrap by the roll?

After all is said and done, I have me a lovely new scope which I'm going to really enjoy regardless of how ever long it takes to to get a grip on the aligning bit. Wish me luck! ?

Dan

I share the fun, Dan!  I did mine piecemeal, foolishly thinking the 'scope was enough.

Oh no!  Six more eyepieces (extra ones, better ones), two filters, a power pack, a RACI finderscope - now I've started.

(Did family history for years -utterly different but also fun, and at a fraction of the cost!)

Doug.

Archived