Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2403

StarSapling

2/2/2016 - Oracle, Arizona - seeing fair - trans fair - obs. Fair

120mm f5 refractor

Camelopardus:

NGC2403 - Gal. - 94x - Large, brightish, round, perhaps slightly oval, oriented northwest/southeast - no well defined core/halo structure - glimpses of a near stellar nucleus - occasional hints and glimpses of dark structure, especially east of nucleus (perhaps a large dark arc around eastern side of nucleus) - involved with two brightish field stars, one on west side other on east side - sensed a clockwise spiral.

Very impressive! I guess a lot of members here would dream of your sky! :rolleyes:

If I have to write a report for today, it would be: :)

06/02/2016 Cambridge (UK) - seeing: miserable, transparency: normal

no need for a telescope, but an umbrella would be good!

Earth - Planet - 1x - Ultra wide field view. Dense clouds of grey and white colours. No structure. Almost constant strong wind moving from South-SouthWest for hours, coming inside the many holes this shared-house has! And now rain! 

5 minutes ago, Piero said:

Very impressive! I guess a lot of members here would dream of your sky! :rolleyes:

Earth - Planet - 1x - Ultra wide field view. Dense clouds of grey and white colours. No structure. Almost constant strong wind moving from South-SouthWest for hours, coming inside the many holes this shared-house has! And now rain! 

and for some odd reason; Cambridge is quite a popular tourist destination amongst the west coast ppl of norway...:)

19 hours ago, Pondus said:

Nice read. Do you ever compare Your observations  With sketches from other observers, like to see what other People make out of the same Object?

Rune

Yes, I do.  After I make an observation, I do a search through this forum and others for observation reports and sketches.

19 hours ago, Piero said:

I would imagine my skies here around Oracle, Arizona (elev. 4500 ft) are probably significantly better than in most of the U.K., but they are significantly poorer than they were 35 years ago!

2 minutes ago, StarSapling said:

I would imagine my skies here around Oracle, Arizona (elev. 4500 ft) are probably significantly better than in most of the U.K., but they are significantly poorer than they were 35 years ago!

I am younger than 35, but I can say that what you said is also true in Italy, where I originally come from, between now and 25 years old. We should observe as much as we can now as we don't know how the sky will be in the next 25-35 years! Hopefully governments will eventually realise that they can save a huge amount of money and at the same time improve people's life quality.

Archived