Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Their Differences

Hello there and I know I've been asking some questions on what to buy so I just found POBOX and Borderlinx which will shop (+ 5% of the price) and ship the product to my current location. After surfing the internet, I went by FLO and saw 2 telescopes by skywatcher, the Heritage 100p and the 130p, I don't which is better because the 100p includes a barlow lens and the 130p has more aperture. Which should I buy after saving some money?

I wouldn't place any weight on the inclusion or exclusion of a barlow with a telescope as they tend not to be of that great a quality. If you want a barlow you're probably better off buying a decent one separately whether or not there is a free one with the scope.

When comparing the two scopes in question there is a significant difference in light gathering ability which is a massive plus for the 130p, but the flex tube is both a plus for portability and a minus because it has required what looks to me to be an inferior focuser. What happened to the Meade Lightbridge Mini 130 as an option? That has the same 130mm aperture plus a more solid looking focuser.

I wouldn't place any weight on the inclusion or exclusion of a barlow with a telescope as they tend not to be of that great a quality. If you want a barlow you're probably better off buying a decent one separately whether or not there is a free one with the scope.

When comparing the two scopes in question there is a significant difference in light gathering ability which is a massive plus for the 130p, but the flex tube is both a plus for portability and a minus because it has required what looks to me to be an inferior focuser. What happened to the Meade Lightbridge Mini 130 as an option? That has the same 130mm aperture plus a more solid looking focuser.

IIt's still an option and I just asked if which is scope is better then I will move on to picking id I will save on the Meade Lightbridge Mini or the Skywatcher Heritage but I'm sure there will be more to be added on my choices if my savings goes up...

Archived