Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax 5 And Raw Images.

Nigel G

Ahoy fellow stargazers.

I'm trying to stack some raw images.

I have around 50 images and 12 dark.

Registax 6 doesn't seem to have a raw image option but registax 5 does.

The only problem is when I upload my images to R5 only a small part of the image appears, about 10%.

Should I be using jpg or am I doing something wrong .

Nigel.

Ahoy fellow stargazers.

I'm trying to stack some raw images.

I have around 50 images and 12 dark.

Registax 6 doesn't seem to have a raw image option but registax 5 does.

The only problem is when I upload my images to R5 only a small part of the image appears, about 10%.

Should I be using jpg or am I doing something wrong .

Nigel.

When selecting an image the preview is good but when imported only small section ( left 10 % of image) opens and seems over exposed,

Computers d'oh

I would ask first whether you are trying to stack Deep Sky images or Lunar/Solar ... ? ... Sounds to me like Deepsky in this case.

If Deep sky then you need to be using DeepSkyStacker really as Reg is not suited to it ... http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

If Lunar/Solar then I would suggest converting the RAWs to TIFFs first ( Reg 5 does accept RAW files but takes forever and a day to process them whereas TIFFs are dealt with with ease and speed.)

That said I would recommend using Autostakkert (aka AS!2) for stacking over Registax these days and save Reg for his Wavelet function after stacking.   http://www.autostakkert.com/

If you are using a "newer" Canon camera , i.e. EOS 1100D or later then you will need the beta version of DSS in order for it to handle the slightly changed CR2. RAW files.

Here's a great tutorial from Doug German on getting started in DSS ...

I seem to be having the same problem.

I'm using dss 3.3.2 - 334.rar ?

After all the processing the final picture is about 10% of full image, I got a great picture of a few stars but no galaxy.

Have I downloaded the correct version?

I may have mentioned that I'm not particularly good with computers

I followed the YouTube tutorial to the letter, but I did not see my camera in the list, however dss did recognised it as canon eos 1200d

Help ☺☺

Nigel.

Archived