NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Windows 10 Nextbook Issues

I know there have been a few threads on use of tablets.

Finally got mine up and running but I'm struggling with windows updating drivers for the SSAG and EQDIR even when 'Device Installation Settings' is set to 'No, let me choose what to do' and 'Never Install diver from windows update'.

Issue as follows:

Installed all software and followed EQDIR adapter (Hitech Astro)  installation guidelines for Windows 8 here  http://www.firstlightoptics.com/user/Hitecastro_EQMOD_Win8.pdf

After a lot of playing around get it to work and leave device installation setting to never update

Switch off tablet and pack up telescope and next night same issue. End up rolling back driver, reinstalling playing around another half a dozen times and eventually it works again!

Then try drivers for Orion Star Shoot Auto Guider (SSAG). Same issue get it working but everytime I shut down the tablet and restart the devices don't work straight off the bat.

blumming windows 10 thinks it's being clever but every time stops all my hardware working! Do eventually get it to work though and am sure it'll be a great little set-up once these teething issues are sorted, will see if it works tonight!

Rant over (any advice welcomed!)

I bought a 17" laptop last year with Windows 8.2.

Upgraded to Win 10. A lot of the programs that

came with it, just don't work any more. Nightmare.

Seem to spent more time keeping it running

ok, than using it. My old laptop with Win 7, no

problems. All I seem to be doing is, cleaning

out the junk, all the time. Progress. :cussing:

Your not alone, with Win 10 problems.

Steve

Archived