Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter With Saxon Mac 203Mm

Aussie Dave

With a recent bush fire close by that wiped out a country town within 7 minutes, hot day time conditions and cool nights I decided to give the Saxon another go with what seemed to be a clear night. Conditions were poor even stepping outside and looking at the stars almost directly above me I could see them twinkling, so I knew it wasn't going to be a good imaging night. Gusty winds at times wasn't helping either.

Early this morning it did seem better but visually Jupiter was a wobbly glow with occasional detail showing. Focusing was difficult with the conditions but I did manage to get some detail and getting better at processing, I'm still over processing.

The 2 better final images were around 270 frames each with the Logitech C100 webcam at 640 x 480 with Celestron UV/IR Cutoff filter #94125.

Processed in AS!2 (10% good frames), RS6 (wavelets, de-ring, histogram), finished in PDN (sharpen, luminosity curves)

Still waiting to capture more detail. All I can say is, I can't wait until Summer is over!

post-40030-0-64276400-1452784062.png

post-40030-0-24593100-1452784100.png

Archived