Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1.25 filter to ccd...... Am I being daft?

matt-c

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get my wide field rig up and running, so far I figured out how to attach my m42 lens to the 16hr but not how to use a filter.

I've seen the filter drawers and filter wheels but I'm thinking it's a bit excessive since I won't be taking my Ha filter off.

The filter I just received is the baader 7nm Ha 1.25 from Flo but I think I should have thought this through as I can't fathom how to get it in the setup I have.

It is early and I lack coffee so perhaps the solution will arise but has anyone had any luck with mounting a filter on a ccd with a lens?

Thanks

Matt.

I would think the Baader 2" Adapter that came with my MPCC would screw into the CCD with a 1.25" filter thread inside,the bit between the Adapter and Lens would be a Baader Vari-Lock unfortunately they make a short one (20-29mm)  and a long one (29-46mm) there not cheap and while in my head it would work, being able to go to a shop and string it all together would make sure its not a waste of money (likely to be close to £100) FLO maybe able to help and there returns policy would help with the non waste of money.....

Nope, it converts threads. What you need (I use it with a lens) is Baader T2 extension with 1,25 filter thread. I have a set with their thraad inverter (extension is double t2 male and thraad is female t2 straight throug).

That's brilliant thanks mate. I don't suppose you have a link for it do you? I can only seem to find extension pieces.

Archived