NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Monopod to Binos attachment

bob4026

Hi all,

Loving the freedom of my Binos, (at least when the cloud clears) and just bought a monopod (7dayshop) to try. Not expensive as i'm not sure i'll take to it as opposed to holding them myself.

Trouble is, i'll need an attachment to connect the two together and I've no idea where to start.

My Binos are Pentax 10x50 wp.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ATB

Bob

You need a universal binocular tripod mount, which will attach to the top of the monopod. For greater alt/az movement you could add a ball head mount between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2016 at 22:04, bob4026 said:

Hi all,

Loving the freedom of my Binos, (at least when the cloud clears) and just bought a monopod (7dayshop) to try. Not expensive as i'm not sure i'll take to it as opposed to holding them myself.

Trouble is, i'll need an attachment to connect the two together and I've no idea where to start.

My Binos are Pentax 10x50 wp.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ATB

Bob

I got the same monopod it seems brilliant with the pistol grip that came with the Ravelli tripod recommended on here.

I notice you have bought the Pentax 10 x 50 wp's that have a great write up by Steve 'binocular sky' what do you think of them? I have Revelation 15 x 70's and want to upgrade. I'm thinking Pentax 10 x 50's or 20 x 60's for my budget. I am used to the FOV at 15 x not sure whether at 20 x I'll be disappointed... Decisions decisions... Steve's reviews are amazing though I have to say!

As Bob says,the 7 day shop monopod works well with the Ravelli trigger grip head that's supplied with the tripod.

I'd already bought a trigger grip head (all the way from Poland)via E-Bay,when I purchased the 7 Dayshop Monopod,and guess what, when I got a Ravelli tripod set,I found that Both Trigger grips are IDENTICAL- a lesson in re-badging!

So,my advice is,if you want a trigger grip head,Monopod AND a sturdy tripod too-go for the 7 DAYshop Monopod and the Ravelli Tripod (via Amazon). CHEAPER THAN BUYING EACH BIT OF KIT SEPERATELY.

My first ('Polish') trigger grip is permanently set up with an adaptor for the Helios Apollo 15x70's,and the 'Ravelli'  Trigger Grip takes my ST80, both heads can be swapped over simply and quickly.

Pat,

I gotta say the Pentax are everything Steve says they are.

Light, with great vision across the full FOV (which obv is greater than the 15x binos out there). The rubber coating is very grippy, and they sit well on the monopod. Easy to focus. Lens coatings look perfect to me. I'm that happy with them, I very nearly bought the 20x60 variant too, but after reading Steve's review of the Lunt (and finding everything he wrote abut the Pentax 10x50 to be spot on) I trusted in his greater knowledge and went for them. Needless to say i'm delighted with them having copped a glimpse of three moons around Jupiter t'other nite.

The 20x60 Pentax get roughly the same review, so I would guess they are worth the money - only £20 more than the 10x50.

Lens caps are poor, (fall off and fit not great) but the bag I thought was ok.

If you get the bigger ones, let us know how you get on please Pat.

ATB

Bob

2 hours ago, bob4026 said:

The 20x60 Pentax get roughly the same review, so I would guess they are worth the money - only £20 more than the 10x50.

Lens caps are poor, (fall off and fit not great) but the bag I thought was ok.

If you get the bigger ones, let us know how you get on please Pat.Bob

Bob,

Great news about the Pentax 10 x 50's I really fancy a pair just for fun. However as I said before I like the FOV my budget 15 x 70's give compared to a budget pair of 10 x 50's I have on loan. If the Pentax were 15 x 70's I would order them tomorrow :-) still worried whether the FOV at 20 x mag will be too narrow and not give me that beautiful view of the 15x.. 

I love researching before I buy, Steve is the man when it comes to reviews... I'll let you know when I take the plunge. I'm off to Australia middle of March and gonna take the monopod (maybe tripod) grip and at least one pair of bins :-) (whichever ones I get)

Archived