Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik gp vs Lodestar

Stardust

Has anyone got an Atik gp as I would like to know how sensitive it is. I have a Lodestar in a guide scope which works fine but would like to use an OAG with my Atik One-6. The thing is, the lodestar wont come to focus and only an Atik GP will. very annoying.   

I had the Atik One 6 with the integrated OAG and Atik GP for about a year. The Atik GP is far less sensitive that the Lodestar, or even the QHY5L-II for that matter. The GP is designed to work with the Atik One camera and OAG so it has a backfocus of only 7mm. The lodestar has a backfocus of 12mm, so you will have to add at least 5mm between the main camera and the OAG in order tot bring the lodestar into focus. A cloudy nights member with a lathe created a custom spacer in order to get both cameras into focus. My solution was to purchase this adapter, which IIRC was 6mm thick, and then drill holes to match the OAG and attach with some longer screws that I purchased from the hardware store. The adapter linked has M42 threads on one side so it will screw into the OAG, creating a nice stable connection between the OAG and the camera. Just make sure its tight in the OAG before you mark where to drill the holes. The whole modification cost about $20 USD.

Dave

Archived