NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A New Years Eve Orion

New Years Eve was spent with the family and since the skies were clear I decided to set the scope and camera up and pointed it towards Orion. Managed to get 40 light frames of Orion @ 290mm. Below is a single frame of 30 seconds. I have put the single frame up because the stacked images do not show any colour and I am still to figure out Photoshop and how to bring the colour etc out to make the image look better. Still very happy with my single image  :grin:

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

get.jpg

Nice starter sir ...  :laugh:

There is loads more detail in there to be dragged out , a great starting point for Photoshop is Doug's set of tutorials on YouTube here ....  https://www.youtube.com/user/namregd/videos

I took the liberty of giving you shot a brief and clumsy tweak to give you an idea of what lurks beneath ...  :smiley:

Stretching JPEGs is not ideal so you should get much better results sing the original stacked TIFF.

post-21219-0-95327900-1451645173_thumb.j 

Nice starter sir ...  :laugh:

There is loads more detail in there to be dragged out , a great starting point for Photoshop is Doug's set of tutorials on YouTube here ....  https://www.youtube.com/user/namregd/videos

I took the liberty of giving you shot a brief and clumsy tweak to give you an idea of what lurks beneath ...  :smiley:

Stretching JPEGs is not ideal so you should get much better results sing the original stacked TIFF.

attachicon.gifbothsbs.jpg

Thanks Steve,

I am finding out that one of the biggest tricks now I have converted to the 'Darkside' is the post processing! I have only just got Photoshop CC (2 days ago) and have been using Elements for only a few months so am still getting to grips with curves and haven't long figured out star masks; and there was me thinking all I needed to do was take a picture LOL. At the moment my head is a mess with idea's from all the tutorials, but just need to get them organised. At the moment no 2 images are the same, but I am sure with practice I will get there ;-) 

I always shoot in raw (CR2), save the stack as .tif then edit and save as .png for upload.

Archived