NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with Lunt LS50T Ha Pressure Tuner - Help Please

" I wonder how a pressure tuned Lunt would work in cold temps? "

The whole idea of the pressure tuner is that it enables the scope to work at sea level or on top of a 3000ft mountain across a range of temperatures (or so their literature says). I've never put that to the test but I have found there's a little leakage from the PT - but on mine it takes a good half or 3/4 hour before I have to recharge the chamber - and that's only in bright sunlight on a hot day. It did take 6mths or so to develop the leak so I'm convinced it's a user serviceable thing. I also found that the 50DS doesn't work properly on the 60mm scope - so in the end I had to exchange it for the 60DS and all's fine.

Sorry to hear about your probs with Lunt Germany AAF. I agree they should have at least one other technician who can examine it, make a decision, and fix the problem for you in his absence. Hope it gets resolved soon for you. :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived