NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telrad came home

Got my Telrad today now I just have to find a place to put it on the scope. The dew hood/RA adapter is still a few days out.

Now if the StarShoot camera would come I'd be ecstatic though there doesn't seem to be clear nights in the offing for the foreseeable future.  Getting tired of clouds all the time, I think I've even forgotten what the sun looks like much less starry skies.

On the other hand it gives me plenty of time to get all my kit together and ready to go at the first suggestion of a dark night.

New kit=perma cloud + 1 for the Telrad though I wouldn't be without mine

I hear through the grapevine that sometime in the future there will be a night of clear skies. Unfortunately that grapevine was badly muddied and tonight we are supposed to have ice pellets, rain and or snow or all of the above. Whatever falls won't stay around very long, while the next few nights will be freezing the days are going to be warm (relatively speaking that is).

Got the Telrad on the scope tonight, just have to have a clear night so I can at least align it with the scope.

Hi,

You would be better aligning the telrad in daylight; Choose an object a distant house or streetlight or such about 2-3 miles away and align on that, much easier than fiddling about at night. Myself , i live on a steep hill and across the valley is a windfarm about 6 miles as the crow flies, i use one of the wind turbines, job done :grin:

Hi,

You would be better aligning the telrad in daylight; Choose an object a distant house or streetlight or such about 2-3 miles away and align on that, much easier than fiddling about at night. Myself , i live on a steep hill and across the valley is a windfarm about 6 miles as the crow flies, i use one of the wind turbines, job done :grin:

I was wondering about that. I did the same thing to align the RACI so will do the same with the Telrad (that is whenever there is a clear day).

Archived