Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Laser pointer, Orion StarShoot, and CLEAR SKYS (come on)

My laser pointer came today (Saturday the 26th) so still waiting on batteries for the RACI, my Orion StarShoot DSO and Telrad with dew Shield [removed word] RA mirror.

Then all I will need is some clear nights. We haven't had but one clear night in almost a month. I can only assume the cloud gods have it in for me for some reason.

This has to be the strangest "winter" on record. And you get weather quite similar to mine. I don't think we can pin this one on the "Weather-Gods." Satan Claws, perhaps.....

Dave (up north of you)

Maybe not but it is still frustrating. The only thing I can say good about the weather is it keeps me from going out and exhausting myself. Hopefully all the gadgets I'm acquiring will ease the stress of having to give up, pack up and go home.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

65 degrees F on Christmas would have been wonderful if it had been clear and sunny with a clear evening.   Instead it was cloudy and rainy and all clouded over at night.     Maybe the more typical 35 to 45 degrees F would bring clearer skies.  At least it is helping to reduce my heating oil bill.

Couldn't  agree more, so far this winter has been comparable to normal California Central Valley winters. This winter reminds me of my home in Sacramento; not very cold nights and not very warm days, at least when I was a young whippersnapper. 

Archived