NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Yet Another Flame and Horsehead

Stub Mandrel

This was another of my runs the other evening which was severely hampered by only being able to do 30-second subs.

It didn't get the framing right either, but like most of my pics it 'shows promise for the future' :-)

At least it proves you can do a DSO using the 150PL and an EQ3, although remote release (and balancing the scope better) will help!

post-43529-0-13673700-1450912617_thumb.j

Nice catch!

DSO with this setup is definitely possible, but seemingly far from optimal. I have a similar setup, but with the EQ3-2 GoTo. As for remote release, I prefer to tuse the synscan connected to my DSLR or a cheap timer/release like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-TC-80N3-Digital-Control-Shutter-Controller/dp/B007H50D0S

How many subs did you take for this image?

Well, there are lots of well published images of this region which fail to split Alnitak and split it you have, with a country mile of separation....

Olly

Thanks Olly, I suspect that was partly because of restricting each sub to 30s, but helped by a reasonable aperture and good focus - looking back at my earlier attempts I shudder to see how badly some are focused!

Archived