SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Helios 28 x 110 Hi Res Giant binoculars

Philip Benson

On 27/12/2015 at 17:19, Damo636 said:

The hinge on these is indeed very stiff, but once you get it moving initially, it will free itself up. If you could get the binocular warmed up by a few degrees it would also help by making the grease more plyable. Maybe try leaving it in a hotpress or the like for 30mins or so, or even taking a hair dryer to the hinge for a few minutes and try again? As it looks to be stuck in the upper range of the ipd , try placing the binocular on the ground (resting on its centre post) and with a hand on each barrel, press down on the right had barrel. Unless something is badly amiss, it should release with a little effort. Good luck!

I have the opposite problem the IPD adjustment is so loose that the weight of the binoculars cause both barrels  to flop down how do you tighten it up?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a cheap pair of 10x50 bins with same problem and sorted it by removing the ipd scale and tightening the big slot headed screw located underneath the guage 

I was lucky it was an exposed cross head screw holding guage in place and not concealled under a metal sticker (not done this on observation bins so may be diferant)

Dont try this tho till other folks confirm thats how to do it

also it may void warranty depending on age of bins

38 minutes ago, OliverBath said:

Thanks, I was wondering whether the plastic cap at far end of balance bar has a tightening screw underneath. I will wait until there is a confirmatory post before I do anything .

Good

as i said its only a cheapy pair i did this on and wouldnt want you to damage a decent set of bins going on my info alone

• 4 weeks later...

Archived