Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead-1st Pic

Rodd

This was actually my first color pic--taken on 11/3/2015 (3/11/2015 on the other side of the pond).  It was shot with the Televue np101is at a fl of 5.4 (without the .8x reducer).  I was pleased except for the washout in the lower right--I could not eliminate this no matter what I did (that was before I had PixInsight).  The pic consists of 160 min (4x10min in each LRGB).  The first time I told the goto to point at Altinak, snapped a 10 min Lum exposure not really knowing what to expect, resulted in profound amazement.  I was hooked.  Not sure I have felt that way since.  Too bad I was working with the auto stretched data.  Perhaps I will revisit this pic  (or try again form scratch--perhaps with the Celestron to get a closer look at the Philly.

post-48074-0-00963300-1450619284_thumb.j

Looks like a massive glare from Altinak I should say. Also, I find it quite odd Altinak and most bright stars come out very purple. Great detail in the head though, I really like the whispy feeling of the h-alpha in this target

Thanks.  The color issues are due to me manipulating the various color channels and intensities and saturation levels not really knowing what I am doing.  I appreciate your input.

Archived