NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally Some OIII

D4N

Well I spent about 5 hours exposing OIII on IC405 with only very faint Nebulosity which I think is actually reflection rather than OIII. I already have good SII and Ha data for that one. Getting fed up with that I decided I could probably fit some exposures of NGC6995 in before it set as I know this to be strong in OIII.

This image is 3 subs, 2xOIII & 1xHa. The Ha is mapped to red and the two OIII subs are mapped to green and blue separately. Obviously not enough data to stack so they are noisy.

The Ha has some artefacts as the target was too low when I took this.

Subs are 30 mins guided.

I think I need to revisit this one earlier in the night.

f577cf2802082b287f37410d1e4427b0.jpg

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice effort though.

In my experience (all 10 months of it, lol) chasing stuff as it heads into the West is a losing battle. For every little thing that goes wrong, you just lose more time. I focus on stuff rising now and it's almost invariably running away by the time I get dialled in...

...I'm having a go at the Flaming star nebula in HaLRGB tonight. It's been dark for four hours and I'm only into my second 10 minute Ha sub... ;)

Edit: and now this?

post-33415-0-79682900-1449613655_thumb.p

Sigh...

2nd edit:

It appeared that it was my AutoPEC kicking in. I thiught it was supposed to make things better...

post-33415-0-05530900-1449614327.png

Sorry for the interruption :)

Yeh I do,try to avoid the west especially as my horizon is poor in that direction but I just wanted to find a target that would actually prove my OIII filter is working ok.

I need to improve my guiding setup, my graph is not playing nice at the moment. I know my Dec balance is off but I will need a new dovetail to fix that. I leave Dec one way at the moment otherwise it ping pong either side. I guess I should try and improve my PA.

I think the PEC will interfere with the hysteresis (memory) that PHD builds up.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived